Edson Water Tower
Client: Town of Edson
Owner: Town of Edson
Costs to repair structural issues on the 1931 Water Tower and the Concrete Reservoir plus the poor aesthetics and safety issues were the deciding point in the Town’s decision to have the structures demolished and turned the grounds to a new park space.
McColman & Sons Demolition Ltd. (MSDL) was awarded the contract on April 15, 2015 and worked commenced 4 days later; with the Water Tower coming down on April 26, 2015 under controlled conditions.Scope of Water Tower Demolition:
- 24’ diameter x 20’ high steel tank
- 94’ high steel frame supporting the tank
- 4’ x 4’ concrete foundations at the bottom of each of the tower legs
- Wood frame building at the base of the tower
MSDL was able to provide the Town with pieces of the Tower for preservation with the Town’s Historical Society.
- Location: Edson, AB
- Value: $115,300
- Year: April 2015 (7 days)
- Type of Work: Structural Demolition