Husky Main Office Building
Owner: Husky Oil Operations Ltd.
Husky’s office was originally a 2 storey building built in 1969 with 4 storey added on in 1979.
Scope of work:
- Abated and removed asbestos & mould contaminated drywall and vermiculites in wall cavities.
- Abated and disposal of PCB capacitors, ballasts, chlorofluorocarbons, mercury components and radioactive components identified by Golder Associates Ltd.
- Crushed and removed over 2,164 tonnes of concrete from floor slabs, basement, foundations, sidewalks and curbs
- 350 tonnes of concrete blocks was separated out and hauled to landfill because of the drywall mastic
- Crushed and removed over 1,560 tonnes of interior and exterior bricks
- Skid steers were used to demolish all interior finishes starting from the 6th floor down.
- As the 52,000 sq. ft. building was being demolished, all materials were sorted into piles designated for either the landfill or the recycling facilities.
Challenge faced with this demolition was the back yard had dropped due to soil erosion. Carefully planned cleanup and safe demolition work were performed.
To minimize any further erosion to existing property and damages to the two neighbouring properties, vibration testing had to be performed
- Consultant: Kassian & Dyck Associates
- Location: Lloydminster, SK
- Value: $828,527
- Year: October 2012-October 2013
- Type of Work: Building Demolition & Hazardous Material Abatement