Residential Units, Cold Lake, AB
Demolish Residential Units – 190 Residential Units and 1 Commercial Building
Client: Defence Construction Canada (DCC)
Owner: National Defence
Location: Cold Lake, AB
Year: June 2017 – June 2019
Type of Work:
- Building Demolition
- Hazardous Material Abatement
- Site Restoration
McColman & Sons Demolition Ltd. (MSDL) had done various projects for DCC in the past and we were honoured with the opportunity to work for them again.
Scope of work:
- Removal and disposal of all hazardous materials from insides each of the 190 Canadian Forces residential housing units and 1 commercial building
- Hazardous Materials included full drywall abatement, vermiculite in attic spaces, various floor tile and sheet flooring, cement piping.
- Demolition and removal all property structures, sidewalks and driveways
- Backfilling of basement voids left by removing the foundations
- Landscaping the site with topsoil and Hydroseeding.
- In 2019 rain delayed the demolition progress on this project
- Brody Hoff – Sr Estimator/Project Manager
- Juan Torres – Abatement Site Supervisor
- Kenneth McKinnon – Demolition Site Supervisor